Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Torrential!

So an 11.5 miler planned tonight. Got warmed up, went downstairs and I have never seen rain lashing down so hard as it was today. There was literally a river 2-3 inches deep running down my road. I live at the bottom of a hill, which runs into Sydney Harbour so when it rains, it all floods down the hill. For 20 minutes it hammered down, together with the most tremendous thunder and lightening.

However it subsided, and a window of sunshine came through so off I went. Again I took it easy, as I'm not totally 100% but almost there now. However about 9 miles in, the heavens started to open again, and given that I'm up early for another run tomorrow morning (work commitments tomorrow night), I didn't relish the thought of having to pull on wet trainers tomorrow morning. So I cut the route short by a mile and a half, to take total to 10 this evening. I'm not overly bothered as that's three runs on the trot (7, 9.5 and 10), with another 7 miler to come tomorrow morning, so good back-to-back runs. The main thing I'm focused on for this week is the 23 miler I have planned for Saturday, although I must check the weather as I pray it's not humid like it was today before the rain. I'll then follow this up with a 7 mile recovery run on Sunday.

No comments: