Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mental training

Well tonight was another night of horrible rain and wind, admittedly not like England where its cold, but when it rains here it really does hammer it down torrential style. The mental part of tonight's training was the fact that I was knackered, not in the mood, calves were sore and my trainers were soaking wet from last night. So did I fancy it? Did I heck!

However I dragged myself to put my wet trainers on, socks soaked as soon as I put the trainers on. I get out the front door and then what, it hammers it down again. Needless to say I didn't time the usual 8.25 mile loop tonight. It wasnt great, but the fact is I got round when many would have called it a day and left it until tomorrow...

I think I also am feeling the affects of training 5 days out of 6, and am really looking forward to the rest tomorrow, before the big run on Saturday. Let's hope it stays dry, coolish and not humid!

No comments: