Monday, February 18, 2008

Speed work

Last night was some nice and easy intervals... something I actually quite like doing and I've done loads of previously with rugby training. It was a good time to do them as I was out on Saturday for the Good Vibrations Festival in Sydney and got a little bit worse for wear. But I dragged myself out on Sunday evening and did 7 x 200m sprints, with jog recovery and a mile run at each end. Actually felt really good doing them, and like I said, something I enjoy as for a big guy, I do have a bit of pace on me.

So this week is a lighter week, and whilst it is welcome, I always feel really paraniod about doing lighter weeks thinking that I'll lose fitness. The reality is that I know I wont, but again its a psychological thing more than anything. So I reckon I'll cover around 30 miles this week, and my long run will peak at 11.5, which for me is a pretty normal run now during the week. Then back on it for 5 weeks before tapering down. Oh I so can't wait for the next long run... going to attempt 23 miles next week and see how we go with that... yikes!

No comments: