Friday, February 29, 2008

Bouncy Bouncy

I wasn't going to go for a run last night... the sensible head in me was saying rest up as the calfs were a little on the tight side, but I got back and thought, well a nice easy 4 miler, which some hills sprints will be OK. And they were... i race dup some of the really steep hills, took it easy (around marathon pace), but when I got back, the right calf was very tight just below the muscle. So really going to rest it up in preparation for the big 23 miler tomorrow and get mentally ready for it all tomorrow. Slightly concerned about the calf, as another MDS competitor, Rich has suffered from this too, and I'm a little concerned that I do too much hill running. Well I run up and down hills on all of my runs as there is very little flat around where I live. So the run tomorrow is going to get as much flat in as possible just to help a little, but I am concerned about the long term and what I do there. Sydney is a very hilly place with little flat, and the only true bit of flat is the Bay run near where I live and I'll be damned if I'm going to run around in circles for the next 12 months, pretty as it is! So we'll see... all being well tomorrow and my 7 miler recovery run on Sunday, I'll break 60 miles this week, which will be a new high for me, and something that at this stage I would not have thought that possible, so pleased with the training thus far... however let's see how tomorrow goes!

No comments: