Saturday, February 28, 2009

Back on the road... (well grass)

Having been given the all clear to start running again I did some thinking last night about the whole bike thing:

1.) I'm a runner, not a cyclist, so let's start running again
2.) I'll be smashed by Monday if I carry on trying to cycle 50kms a day as quick as I can!

So, with that, it was time to pull the trainers on today for my first run in 7 weeks. A 15 minute jog around Birchgrove Oval. I felt like a kid on his first day at school... and thankfully it all went OK. No twinges, no aches or pains... just a very steady 15 minute run at around 5min 30sec pace... and it felt pretty good.

Iced the leg when I got back, and tomorrow I will cycle, and then back to another 15 minute run... every other day until next Saturday... then I'll do a few back to back 30 minute runs.

No comments: