Thursday, February 19, 2009

Strong like bull

Last night was the dreaded Kilimanjaro bike ride - the one that is effectively riding up a hill, and then coming back down the other side. It gets progressively tougher and tougher...

However last night, it seemed, well pretty easy. I think it's because I took it easier on the initial gradients, and the challenge was to maintain 100+revs per minute for an 8 minute period right at the top end of it - which I did. However I then continued to keep at way over 100 revs as it got progressively easier, and managed to do a very good 36.70km in the hour. Not bad for a hill climb.

Need to get back on it again tonight... not sure what though... maybe a recovery style, or some speed work... or maybe I should do something different and do some cross-trainer? The gym is my oyster....

No comments: