Monday, February 2, 2009

Beautiful weekend....

... For running, not not for me! Saturday was a 45 minute 'Kilimanjaro' climb on the bike. The programme where it gradually gets tougher and tougher as you ride up the imaginary hill... whilst watching the Queensland Reds take on the Waikato Chiefs in the Super 14's :) Here's a random picture of 'Kili' just to speic up the blog!



It starts off all very easy, but to be fair that soon changed as the hill gets harder and the resistance tougher and my God for 20 mins you're sweating like a demon. Anyway's 26kms in 45 mins to round off a 95km week on the bike. Not the thing to set the world alight, but with anything like this where you've never done much of it before, you have to start off nice and easy. I don't want anymore injuries ahead of the MDS.

On Sunday, I organised the inaugural Bondi Beach marathon. It's based around the concept of 'Fatass' where anyone can just set-up a race with no fees, no competition, no winners etc... it's a just turn up and run kind of thing. So with a grand total of 2 starters, I sat on the beach offering water and lap counting given that I couldn't run myself. After the MDS, I'm going to organise another one on Manly Beach me thinks, hopefully with some more starters!

I did then intend to get up this morning, but to be honest I was shattered and thought better of it. I'm not the best in the mornings, and though I'd end up doing 'shit' mileage - so I'm off tonight now instead. Another week of 45mins on the bike and I'll then move up to an hour each day, in addition to the swimming, which I need to up as well.

I was thinking about whether I'm doing enough, and yes, I probably am for now - but for some more endurance style stuff, I need to be doing much longer rides and swims as we get closer. So I'm even considering doing some 3 hour swims, just to make sure that I get some really long ones in.

Anyway, moving on... back to some work now and then 45mins of speed training tonight on the bike, with 20 mins blast on the cross trainer and then some swimming... then perhaps some time for a life? :)

No comments: