Friday, February 13, 2009

The easy day...

So last night was a gentle 45mins on the bike following the three days of hard graft as I like to put it. Keeping the heart rate under 120bm was the goal, and a nice and simple 23kms was the order of the day in the allotted time. Technically I call these my 'rest days'... i.e. still training, but at a much lower intensity to keep the legs going.

I'll be buying my trainers for the MDS real over the weekend too, so that when I get back to running in a few weeks, I'll be able to get at least 50-80 miles in them before the actual race. Gaiters is also something else I nee to sort out too. I've been to a few shops over here and none of them have any idea what I'm talking about... Oh well... I'll have to keep searching.

Plan is for a few more harder sessions over the weekend. Saturday will be a high cardio workout, followed by a gentle, but not too gentle workout on Sunday to take me towards the 200km mark for cycling this week.

No comments: