Tuesday, February 10, 2009

In the zone...

Hopefully that's where I'll stay now with regards to this cycling lark. Today was the workout that I dislike the most, but actually enjoy in terms of how tough it is if that makes sense?

It's the Kilimanjaro climb. admittedly I've moved down a notch this week on the difficulty level from 13 to 12 as I'm cycling for an hour, not 45 mins. And going from last week, I was battered by Thursday... this week, so far so good. So not more than 12 hours after my session last night I was on the bike at 6:15am this morning for the Kili climb... the first 20 mins is easy as you gradually get more and more resistance. But for 20 mins it's bloody hard work and I was sweating in a big way and the heart rate got up to 158, which was good.

So another 30kms clocked up today to go with the 36kms from yesterday. Tomorrow morning is physio 'D' day where I get told not to do the MDS... yeah right... the only way I'm not completing this race is if my bloody leg actually breaks. Still onwards and upwards...

Swimming I think will be order of the day tomorrow morning before my physio, and then I'll do some more cycling tomorrow night with some speed work to top three hardcore cardio session on the trot.

No comments: