Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Good news?

Well sort of... I went to see the physio today and he confirmed that I have indeed got a stress fracture, nothing new there then. But it looks like I'm responding well to things, and he said that running could start again around the beginning of March. Excellent... so I'll be able to get some kind of running in before the MDS, although I'm very conscious of pushing it. I dont want more injury!

On another note, I was back on the bike tonight and another 37kms of speed work. This workout is probably the toughest of the lot. so again on level 12 setting and it's almost like intervals, but longer and harder periods of tougher work. Still really good mental training too, and I really enjoyed busting a gut on there. In fairness, I feel very strong at the moment, probably due to the extreme amount of quad work I've been doing.

The week is going well with over 100kms already in 3 days. Again the swimming is taking a back seat. But I'd rather do the cycling and fitness there.

No comments: