Saturday, March 1, 2008

Silly boy...

So the big one today, and I messed it up. Although I took 2 lires of water with nuun in it, I was dehydrated before I went out. My own fault really, looking back I wasn't drinking enough ahead of the run. So I started to get stitch around 6 miles in (not good). The at 12 miles my body literally started to break down. Very weird feeling. Started to feel sick and just empty. Carried on until 18 miles, and then I ran out of water, and called it a day. Very frustrating as my legs were fine. No hitting of the wall or anything, just completely dehydrated, so very annoying indeed. Walked back the last two miles and was feeling really bad at this point. Got home, hydrated myself and now feel fine... so going to head out again tomorrow as my legs feel good, so we'll see how we go.

So, I should end up around the upper fifties for this week, which is good, but I think I may have overdone it a little, first week back from illness, and obviously disappointed with not hitting twenty miles running, but still have three 20+ milers planned before I start to taper down, so I guess having been ill makes sense to build up again... Three more big weeks, then taper down to 45 miles, then 35, then it's marathon week!

No comments: