Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The early bird catches the worm????

Well I think it's probably due to the excitement of having new trainers, but I was wide awake at 5am. (That's a little sad isn't it!)... but on these rare occasions when I am awake, I need to take advantage, so thought I'd head off for a steady 8.5 miler to watch the sun rise. Well it didn't so much rise, it was a sultry 21 degrees and 77% humidity at 6am!!! First 5 miles were fine, but then the last 3.5 were tough, but I eased off quite a bit also, as given that I was in new trainers, I was steadily breaking them in, as I didn't want to get any blisters.

Anyway, so far so good. I also wanted to test the calf's also and see if it was the trainers. And I think to be honest, it was a case of needing new trainers. The calf's are still a little sore, but there was none of that exploding feeling in them, however I am getting a little strain just on the inside of the knee, so am still a bit paranoid, but he run went pretty well I think. I'm also glad I knocked off 8.5 miles, as it now means I only need to do around 5.5 tomorrow ahead of the big twenty miler planned for Friday night. Which means I can ease up and take it steady for that. So all in, feeling fairly positive, but Jesus was it hard work this morning. We haven't had humidity like that in Sydney for a few weeks now and at 77% it's a timely reminded of just how much it takes it out of you. No wonder I was feeling drained!

No comments: