Thursday, March 6, 2008

Happier man...

Just decided to go out and do the long run tonight... or rather I set off and thought if I'm still good at 10 miles... then I'll carry on, and carry on I did. I think the difference tonight was that I did take it pretty easy. I think last Saturday I was going too quick early on, hence why was just battered! Anyway... it was a pretty good run, although at just gone 13 miles I got a major pain in my back on the left shoulder blade... forced me to stop and walk for 30 seconds, like someone was stabbing me in the kidney!... it carried on for a bit after I started running again, but seemed to disappear, but really strange.

Anyway, right calf was again really tight. I think I may have a slight strain in it, although it could have been cramp too? I don't know, we'll have to see how I feel tomorrow. It's not too painful now, but it was really starting to hurt towards the end of the run. So all in all, managed to do just under 21 miles this evening, well 20.75 in 3 hours smack on. Slightly slower than last time I broke 20 miles, but not too bothered, it's there or there abouts and I'm just happy I broke it again. I've been suffering from major confidence issues over making the distance in the last few weeks. But it was OK. To be honest, my body was screaming at me at around 18 miles, but I got through that and towards the end, body felt OK apart from the calf, which I think I'll rest up tomorrow and then do a little run on Saturday before I head to Melbourne for some partying... can't wait. Off to see some of me bessie mates from the UK who are over, should be a ball!

Anyway, it's late, I've spent most of the evening running and I'm going to kip like a small infant tonight!

No comments: