Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Back on it

So after a weekend of partying, today was back on the running with a 9.5 miler on the way home from work. Felt really good until around 6 miles when the right calf got tight again. All in all went round in 1hr 18 mins, but I'm concerned about the calf. It didn't stop me from running, but with a 22 miler planned for Thursday it worries me a little, and makes me wonder if I should just rest tomorrow night?

However I got through the run fairly easily, so not sure to be honest what I should do and why I keep getting this tightness. Think I'll book a session for a massage and get some special attention on it. I really want it to be spot on for the marathon in 5 weeks, as I only have this weekend and next as full running weeks before taper... so we'll see... hmmmmmm!

No comments: