Sunday, March 23, 2008

A good week

So after the mental trauma of yesterday's 22 mile treadmill run... today was a small matter of some interval training, which I enjoy doing. However the best thing was that after yesterday's run, I felt really good today, with no real side effects or aches or pains. This is a really good sign that my body can recover quickly now from long runs, so really pleased with that.

So today's interval training consisted of 5 mins warm up at 10km/h, followed by 4 x 3mins at 14km/h, with 4 x 2 mins at 10km/h in between. However on the final interval I decided to do 2 x 2 mins at 15km/h, just to push it a bit harder. So all in, 53.5 miles for the week, and it feels good to be back on track again, and a nice solid week under my belt. I should also add that I'm only training at 5 nights a week as well, and have been for the last 3-4 months. So after the marathon will look to gradually increase to 6 nights, with more variation in training. A mere 37 miles for next week... what a relief :)

No comments: