Monday, March 10, 2008

Hot hot hot...

So after switching things around a little last week, I had two relatively easy runs at the weekend to take the tally up to 50 for last week. Saturday was up early to do a simple 9km dash that started off slowly and then finished faster. Strength felt good whilst doing the run, and it was good doing it on the running machine. I think I'll carry on doing a few sessions like this on the running machine as it's not so boring when you're gradualy increasing the speed. Plus it's extremely humid in the gym in my apartment block, so good training in that respect too.

Then Saturday morning I flew to Melbourne to see some mates from the UK... so a bit of a big weekend, but we got a simple 5 mile run in, again starting off pretty slowly, and then I pushed on for the last 10 minutes to get the heart rate up, so nice to do some different training. Plus it was absolutely roasting in Melbourne, hitting high 30's, so some good warm weather training too.

So back here today, and I was going to go off again tonight, but I didnt get home until 8pm, was hungary, plus a little hungover, so decided against it, and have switched things around for this week. It's going to be tough work though as I've worked out that I'll now be doing 8 runs on the bounce, including a 22 miler, which will be tough, but good practice again... he says slightly scared! I'm sure it will be OK though. All this switching around has been to commitments over the weekends, but it's not too bad. In fact I prefer to do the longer runs on week days as I'm generally more in a routine, whereas I'm not so great in getting into a routine at the weekends, as in I get up late, eat at funny times and generally tend to bugger it all up! Anyways, half thinking about doing a split session tomorrow, but I have a heavy work week this week, so dont know if that will work. We'll see...

No comments: