Monday, December 29, 2008

This is not how Christmas was meant to be...

So after nearly two weeks of no running, I thought I'd try and sneak in a 7km around the bay last night following a good 30 laps of the pool. I took 5 steps and instantly knew the leg was not right still. I'm at a bit of a loss right now as to what is wrong and what to do. I guess the thing I need to do is go and get a bone scan and see if I have a stress fracture. That costs money, great. And then if I do, well we're looking at 1.5 to 2 months out. Great - mid-Feb recovery for a race that I've been preparing for for 2 years to start 1st week of April, which means I wont be 100% fit.

Should I defer for a year? That will be a pain in the arse with the organisers, Best of Morocco I'm sure. The draconian rules that Darbaboud and they impose already defy logic and I'm kind of getting to the stage where I'm resenting the MDS now. It's probably due to the fact that I need this injury like a hole in the head so close to the race itself. It's prime summer training here in Sydney and all I can do is head to the pool and do my laps - great.

We'll see - I'll go and get my scan and see what the beef is me thinks, I need to get this sorted. Having taken literally steps on it last night, the leg feels so weak. I can push on through, but I'll do more damage to it. Hmmmmmmmm - bloody great!

No comments: