Sunday, December 7, 2008

Non running update

This non-running thing is very strange. I can't remember a weekend where I@ve not done anything for so long. Still the missus tells me that it's good to rest - I don't believe her! Still debating whether to go swimming on not this morning. Going for a swim at the North Sydney Pool on Wednesday was quality as it's right in front of the Harbour Bridge, so tempted to head down there now and do 20 lengths to keep things moving. In fact I think I will.

Then off to the physio again tomorrow at 8am for a check-up. I think I'm on the right track with this one now. The inflammation around the fibula seems to be dying down somewhat now, although there is still some pain. I know that I could go for a run, but it's best to rest as they say. And in the grand scheme of things, it's not going to seriously affect my training anyway. I've done so much in this past year that I'm in such a great place for the MDS I feel. I want to kill this race. Not just finish, but smash it to pieces after GNW and I need to be fit and strong for that. Big call to make, but that's the expectation I have now. It will be interesting to see how things go on the first day out there. It's normally a 30km day on Day one, and they may decide to thrown the sand dunes in early like they did last year. Bring it on I say, nothing can be as severe as the GNW or that route around Mount Solitary, sand or no sand. But we'll see how we go.

No comments: