Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bugger it...

That's the attitude I have now. So up again at 5am for a jaunt around the Bay. It's much easier when I know I have to get up and drop melody down at Yoga - if I dont have a reason, I don't get up! So a couple of Hammer electrolytes later, and 2 Nurofen I was out on the Bay Run on a beautiful morning. It is a pleasure running when the weather is so good. The leg felt 'OK' as in there's still some issues, but I could run, albeit it not properly. This carried on pretty much most of the run apart from the last couple of kms where the pain started to get worse and I was noticeably limping on one side. This is not good. Although in the last km it felt OK again. It gets no worse though, it's the bone that's hurting me. I don't know what to think. The reality is that despite taking it at what I thought was a 'steady' pace, I was still doing sub 5min kms, going around in a shade under 73 mins for 15kms, so just over 4min 50secs kms. Is this the new 5min kilometre? Who knows...

Depending how I feel for the rest of the day, I'd like to try and get out for another 15kms tomorrow morning, which would see me just about on track for this week. The parents arrive on Saturday which will see training levels dip a little as I'll be with them and doing 'Sydney stuff'. But I'll keep maintenance.

There's also a 12hr/100km allnighter at Narrabean on 10th January and I'm very tempted by it. Bogong to Hotham is the next day and I had planned to do that, but given that Narrabean is only 30mins up the road, the latter is looking favourite at the moment. Plus it's an all nighter and I need some practice at running at night.

UPDATE-------------------
Hmmmm the leg is pretty darn sore now, or rather the bone is very tender. I'm really fearing the worst, and just hope that this is the warning sign I need to rest and not try and train through an injury. It's not really really bad, but it's very painful to touch and is noticeably worse from this monring now. Physio booked for tomorrow once again - I'll now rest it until at least Monday next week, however I fear a longer lay-off now. Must get the priorities right, even if I have to rest for 2 weeks then so be it - the MDS is what it's all about, not trying to pack in the miles now.

1 comment:

Mike Blamires said...

Take it easy on that leg, the last thing needed now is a nasty injury/stress fracture or something expensive and time consuming! I am still smiling that I managed to get away without injury this past week...

That 12hr/100k Ultra sounds good fun, I am going to wait till after the MdS to push over 50 I think. Maybe see if there one to slip in before ;)
keep well!