Thursday, December 18, 2008

Bugger it! Too much too soon...

I am a bit of an idiot and despite knowing that I probably shouldn't have gone for a run yesterday, I did and smashed out 15kms sub 5min km pace and I do myself in again. We're not back to square one, but we're pretty darn close. we also talked about a possible stress fracture today, but there's not a lot to change in terms of the recovery even if I do go and get one - so what's the point? I just go along, have a scan and they say yey or ney. Recovery is still the same, as is the treatment.

So we'll just rest up for 4-5 days now and see how we go. I am stupid though, but hey, I'm a man and that's what we do - overdo it. It's frustrating as hell as this is peak training time, but I guess I just have to make sure that I'm fit for the MDS, I really have to keep telling myself that. Getting to the start line is the priority, even if it means a month off, then so be it. I need to rest and recover. So swimming it will be for the next week or so I think, along with lots of stretching and alike to get me going again. Then it's slowly and surely to build back up again, not bat out of hell! I'm such a knob sometimes...

No comments: