Thursday, December 11, 2008

This is boring now...

So I took yesterday as a 'rest day' and awoke at 5am for either some running or swimming. The reality is I got out of bed, put some weight on the leg and it still doesn't feel right yet - so frustrating! It's definitely feeling better, but it's still tender to touch and I just don't want to risk a thing at the moment only 3 months out from the MDS! Bloody typical isn't it! My longest time out with injury in over 18 months! Anyway... rest I must I don't want to do any kind of serious damage and would rather forsake two weeks than two months with something more serious.

On a positive note, I planned the rest of my training yesterday and it's all quite exciting to look at the run in to March. I've planned some pretty big back-to-back runs in February and every weekend will be taken up with heading up to the GNW track and running Saturday, camping overnight somewhere on the track before heading back the other way on the Sunday. It will be pretty brutal, but will be awesome to just spend the weekend running and camping. I'm also going to try and do a big-ish ultra distance of around 60-70kms on one Saturday, before doing a 40km the next day. Of course I'll be taking these distances pretty easy going and not smashing myself to bits, but it's all exciting stuff!

This is why I'm not so bothered about the rest at the moment - well I say bothered, I am, but it's probably a bit of a good thing. I've done shitloads of training in the last 14 months and clocked up almost 2,100 miles. The core is done, this is just now the icing on the cake to harden by body up to some serious back-to-backs at the weekend with some lighter speed and maintenance work during the week.

No comments: