Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sights and swimming

So with the family here I've been doing the usual Sydney thing, showing them the sights etc... plus the usual dose of swimming in the absence of being able to run. I'm just doing the usual 20 laps, or 1km of breaststroke, although I go at it fairly hard and don't piss about much - although I should be upping the number of laps now - I do find it quite dull though.

On the sights side of things, I did take the family up to the Blue Mountains and climbed down the giant staircase. I remember doing this about 8 months ago and it was a killer for me (although I had done a 45km route the day before!). However this time, my brother and I sailed up in about 15-20mins I reckon. It was pish! that'll be all the training I've done then in the last 8 months!

I guess because I'm doing family stuff, I'm not missing running that much at the moment. I'm certainly resting until Jan 1st. I want to give this thing two whole weeks to rest and then I'll slowly get back into it, build up again in January, before I attack super February which will see me out on the GNW with my new lightweight single man tent for some big back-to-back runs... can't wait!

No comments: