Monday, December 8, 2008

Still not quite right

So another visit to the physio this morning, and still, we're not there yet. I decided against doing anything at all this weekend and instead spent it with the lady chilling out. Just looking back at my training, I haven't had a weekend off like that in as long as I can remember, probably nearly August (the last time I was injured), did I have both days off. It is probably down to overuse. I have to remember that I'm still very inexperienced when it comes to running and a relative newcomer, having only been running seriously for just over a year, and in that time I have done so much.

So the plan is to rest it some more until Wednesday, but I will be swimming everyday now until I get back into the trainers. The muscles around the fibula are still pretty inflamed, so it's a case of getting that sorted out, and they gradually are getting better. The walking is much more free now and in a few days I'm hoping it will be cleared completely. I just hope that running won't mean it gets inflamed again. Hmmmm, at least it's an enforced rest,. which was what I was talking about anyway. Just want to get it sorted and back on the road again.

No comments: