Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Anyone for swimming?

As I can't run at the moment I've taken to doing some swimming. So was down last night at the Olympic Pool over looking Sydney Harbour for a nice easy 24 laps, then another 20 this morning.It's quite nice doing something different and I'll definitely be going to the pool once a week from now on just as a bit of cross-training. Still frustrated be the leg though. It's freeing up somewhat, but the bone is still tender. Back to the physio again tomorrow to see how we're doing - but I want to try and get out and run on Wednesday. I'll have rested it for a week then, but something still doesn't feel quite right. It's so hard not being able to run. I know I'm not really losing any fitness, but mentally I feel I am, still - at least I can plan all of these routes that I want to do for the final 3 months of training. Quite luckily the missus is off back to the UK for most of February which is perfect for me. Pretty much every weekend I'm going to spend up either on the Great North Walk course or in the Blue Mountains, doing back to back days of 40-50kms. I'll buy a nice compact tent and just head out on the Saturday morning, do a nice hard day. Pitch up the tent, cook my food, and then head out the next day for some more punishment. I'll do that 3 weekends on the trot all being well, and that will be my final run-in for the MDS. For now, I'll keep the long runs going at the weekend, and the shorter stuff during the week to be the weekly mileage at around 100kms a week, and then the last 3 weekends will see some bigger stuff as a result of the back-to-backs. Let's just get rid of this darn injury!

No comments: