Thursday, May 29, 2008

Early morning run

So decided to get up and run to work, with a few extra miles thrown in as it's only 3 miles to work. On the schedule today was only 5 miles as it's my shorter week. Really nice to have these thrown in, as it gives the body chance to recover slightly! Although my left ankle is feeling all that stable at the moment, but that could still be the after effects of the weekends exertions to be honest. However despite thinking that I was going pretty slowly I still went round averaging 7min 35sec miles, which I was quite amazed at as I thought I was really taking it easy - still I'm not one to complain! Another gentle 4 miler into work tomorrow morning as well me thinks, then a longer 10 miler, but very easy on Saturday, with another 4-5 on Sunday to make for a nice easy week. Then we crank it up again - 7 weeks until the Hunter Valley marathon, still not sure how much I'll race this. The good thing is that I head back to the UK for 2 weeks early July, so what with seeing everyone and stuff, training will be reduced which is good for my taper, but I'm not going to taper too much - I need to keep getting the miles in. Note to self: Hunter Valley is not the goal - the MDS is!

No comments: