Wednesday, May 14, 2008

And so another week begins...

After feeling tired over the weekend (usual pattern for me to be honest), last night was a 7 mile blast with hill sprints. All in, I have about 12 hills of varying length that I run up at around 75-80%, some of them take over a minute to run up, some only 20 seconds, but by the time I was done on hill 12, I was pretty whacked to be honest.

It's a good session though and breaks up the monotony of the longer distance runs, of which i have a 10 miler planned for tonight (oh how I can;t wait for that one)... but still needs must. Looking forward to the Sydney half-marathon this weekend. However I'm not racing it as to be honest, I've come to the conclusion that you just bugger yourself up in races. Instead I'm doing a half-marathon of my own the day before, so I can do back-to-back halfs, with around 4kgs in the backpack also. I'm sure I'll look very strange at the start-line come 7:30am on Sunday morning.

No comments: