Tuesday, May 20, 2008

New week - hard running

Tonight was the usual 7 miler, but instead of doing a casual 7 miles as I used to, it was a fast tempo run. So the first 1.4kms was spent warming up at 11km/h, and then I ramped it up to 14km/h for 8kms, before dropping it down slowly for the last 1.8kms. Hard graft, but I deliberately wanted to do this as I have a bit of a goal for the Hunter Valley half-marathon I'm doing on July 20th. I really want to try and break 1hr 35 mins, and at the moment I reckon I'm around a 1hr 37min, so I need to find a couple of minutes from somewhere. So hence the hard tempo running tonight, and what will probably be my normal Tuesday night run from now on - oh how I'll look forward to those :)

Tomorrow is the casual 10miler - my midweek longer distance run, which I'm going to try and do over lunch tomorrow if I can - get into work early. Which is not that hard at the moment because the Sydney early mornings at the moment are beautiful and fresh. So much better than the miserable shite thatwas London!

No comments: