Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fresh as a daisy

Well almost. I listened to my body last night and didnt go for the planned 10 miler. I was just shattered, mainly through work, but the exertion of 5 days straight running, and generally needing a day without running. However I did getup at 6am this morning for my run and managed to kock off 8 miles in around 65 minutes, which from a speed perspectie is pretty nippy, and is a clear sign that my fitness has come on leaps and bounds from when I first started this little adventure.

Admittedly my shins did play up a little, and a I passed work at 3 miles (I do a city loop on top of the run into work), I did consider calling it a day there, but nope... I carried on. I decided to also pick up the pace somewhat too as for some reason, when I run quicker, the shins and legs generally hurt less. Probably because the feet are coming into contact with the ground less and the impact is not so great. In essence I thought to myself that Id rather ahve my lungs hurting than my shins or hip. The good thing is the TB problem didnt rear its ugly head either. So all in all, this morning's run was pretty good, and set against the backdrop of a beatiful Sydney morning, running around the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. I dont think it gets much better than that! Ideally I think I'll have another rest tomorrow, as I have a 30km (18 mile run) planned for Saturday, and this will be my first big run since the marathon.

No comments: