Thursday, May 22, 2008

No easing up!

So yesterday was meant to be my mid-week, chilled run. So off I went at lunchtime with the anticipation of doing around 9 miles if I could fit it in, but after a few miles, I ended up running with this guy around Botanical Gardens, and we just ended up running together for a few miles. But Jesus was his pace fast! After talking a bit, I discovered that his PB for 10kms was 30 minutes! Blimey! So I kept up with him for 4 miles, and when I got back to work, decided that another lap would not really be in order, given that I'd now done two tempo runs two days on the trot. No particularly wise, but hey ho, all good stuff and good training for me I guess! So tonight will now be my mid-week longer 'chilled' run, before trying to tackle a bigger run in the Blue Mountains this weekend. Going to see how I go, but would love to get beyond 20 miles for this one, given that I'm making the trip out there, so we'll see how we get on.

No comments: