Saturday, May 3, 2008

Beautiful sunshine...

So another couple of days and some more runs. Yesterday was another 'city run' taking in my 5 mile loop around Sydney CBD, the Botanical Gardens, around by the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. It's probably one of the most scenic routes you can think of doing in the world. Especially in lunchtime... however right by the Opera House and round Circular Quay for a mile or so are these dreadful brick floors which absolutely kill the calfs.., really not good for you at all.

Today saw my longest run yet since the marathon 3 weeks ago, a steady 13 miler in a steady 1hr 52 mins. Pretty much what I'd planned as I'm doing a 10km sand race tomorrow so didnt want to push it in anyway. However a little concerning was the ITB problem which reared it's head around 8 miles in, and continued to stay with me until the end... nothing serious or hurting, but not promising... oh well. I guess its my first 'full week' back so to speak since the marathon, and on the 13 miler today I could have easily carried on, but not really sensible when I have a race tomorrow! I say 'race'... i'm not actually going to go in there and try and win the damn thing, I'll be taking it fairly steady to be honest with you, using it as a training run. Well we'll see what tomorrow brings...

No comments: