Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ugly...

That's what this morning was. The shin splints have been giving me grief for the last few days and it all came to a bit of a head this morning. I find it very hard to do the early morning runs, particularly as it's now getting colder. It takes my legs so much longer to warm up. As a result, I managed just 4 measly kilometres around the track before I pulled the plug in agony.

This is not good. I can only hope that the hot sun in the Sahara will tame the shins. It normally does. I never get any issues in the summer, it's only in the winter where it really hurts. I really have to be up and about for a good 2-3 hours before I start running in the winter to get the legs and shins moving, otherwise its carnage. I'm trying to stay upbeat about it all, but it's hard when I've suffered from so many niggles and shit luck over the last few months.

Still onwards and upwards... I'm going to try again tonight around the track and get some decent distance in... I need to be doing 15kms a day now until I leave - time to take the voltarin down to the track me thinks :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let us know how you get on tonight - I'll find some good articles on shin splints for you.

Good luck!