Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Been a little while...

So back in the UK now at my parents and manically getting the last bits and pieces sorted. God it takes ages to do the kit and bag. Basically spent 8 hours today packing up and weighing everything. Then I just tried to get it all in the bag and I have too much! The food is the bulky thing, and I either need to re-pack it, or start culling some of it. I probably have too much, but thought it better to be safe rather than sorry. Plus the little things keep adding up and the bag is currently around 9.5kgs... too much. I wanted it at nothing more than 9kgs, including the 1.5 litres of water.

The issue at the moment is getting everything in though, so need to re-look at that. I've also managed to do my own gaitors as well. No-one here in the UK would touch them either, lazy sods. So I've glued and stitched them myself. Not too hard actually, plus I'll put a line of duck tape around, so I'm pretty confident they'll stick.

More stuff to do tomorrow, plus I want to do a couple of hours of stretching as well, and hopefully a little run with all my gear too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

take some photos of all your gear and gaiters etc.

We're all cheering for you back here.