Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another 15 mins... wasn;t that Andy Warhol?

Enough of the silly titles... tonight was session number three. I can tell I haven't run much and my calves are telling me too. They were a little tight this evening, but I put that down to the 4min 30sec kms the other night.

Tonight was sensible head... although I still ended up doing 5min 15sec kms. I wasn't timing them at all... I still had my watch on, but only to time the 15 mins. I just ran at what i thought was sensible and comfortable, and that ended up being at that pace.

To be honest I'm encouraged at the moment. OK, so it's only 3 x 15 mins sessions. But I've not felt a twinge or any issues whatsoever so far. The true test will come when I start to up the workload somewhat next week to 25-30 mins and some back to backs. I can't wait and it's just a joy to be out running again.

On another note, I read up on one of the ultra legends here in Australia, Cliff Young. I never really knew much about the bloke, but having read this article, it's truly inspiring.

No comments: