Monday, March 9, 2009

Solid 8km

After worrying about a little twinge in the back of the left leg... today it felt much better and I'm pretty sure it was just acheyness from coming back to running. So the plan tonight was to do 40mins, and I ended up doing 41:30secs as that brought me round nicely to 8kms. Again a little quicker than I wanted, but the reality is that I started out quite conservatively, but ended up getting quicker as I felt very strong throughout.

It's encouraging, but I still wonder about whether to not I have the endurance still. I plan to do all my running now on the grass track before I leave. It will be dull as hell, but hey, I have to do it. I really want to try and get a 30km run in before I leave. That will depend on what the physio says on Thursday, but I feel in order to be confident about tackling the distance effectively I want to get one under the belt.

Anyway... will do another session tomorrow night, but just 30mins.

No comments: