Wednesday, March 18, 2009

More of the same...

Same track, same drill... more shin splints. AGHHHHHHHH

It always happens around the 20min mark, or about 4kms in. This time I pushed on for another 4kms, doing 8 in total, but it got pretty unbearable by the end. I have to sit down for 20 minutes and then after that it all but disappears... strange. The very fact that I could do 8kms after the mornings debacle baffles me.

I must admit I was at one of my lowest points last night. Whereas in the past I would have time on my hands... now I dont. I have 10 days until the race starts and time is something I don't have anymore. I'm just hoping that the hot weather will help me. I seem to be 'OK' in hot weather, and in all honesty, I'm kind of wishing this away. still I have Voltarin on my side too and that can get rid of anything :)

On another front, I can't seem to get my gators stitched anywhere. No-one will stitch them, so I either wait til I get back to the UK and find someone, or I just glue them myself.

No comments: