Sunday, March 8, 2009

Some back to backs and sauna work

So on Friday, it was time to up the ante a little and do a whopping 25 minute run! Well 26 actually to make it a whole lap... 13 to be precise. Again too quick, but I'm not trying to run quick, just what feels comfortable. I then did the same again on Saturday morning, no less than 12 hours later. Leg feels fine, bar some aching muscles. Well I think they're aching muscles. The bad left leg is aching more than the right, but I guess I havent run for 7 weeks, so it will take a few weeks for the muscles to re-adjust somewhat. Although that doesnt stop me feeling paranoid that the leg isnt 100% yet. It probably isnt, but time isnt on my side at present. Still if it still aches tomorrow then I'll stay on the side of caution and just monitor. No point screwing everything up again!

I feel frustrated because I wont be in top physical peak condition for this, which is what I wanted to be. I probably tried to do too much really - but hey ho, have to get on with it don't you.

Anyway, went to the sauna tonight as well as I'm beginning two weeks of sauna sessions to try and get the core body temperature up a little. There have been some studies that suggest that doing this will help. Whether it's true or not I dont know, but again, I want to be in the best possible position for this. So it was 45 mins in there... Jesus was that tough... but tough it out I did. Anyhow... a planned run tomorrow, but we'll see how the leg feels. If there's any doubt I'll rest. Physio again on Thursday so we can see how we go.

No comments: