Monday, March 16, 2009

Building up...

Saturday was a tough day. It was hot, humid and sticky as the great rugby commentator Bill McLaren once said. Hot as in around 29 degrees, humid as in up around 80% and sticky, and in me!

As a result, the 13kms I did felt like 30kms as my legs wadded through the thick air. It was really tough going, but get through it I did. It was one of those runs where you think, Jesus, if this was hard, what's it going to be like out in the desert? I know what its going to be like, damn hard. But it will just have to be heads down I'm afraid and deal with it.

This morning was up at 5am for an intended 15km, but at 8kms I got really bad stomach pains, due to needing to go to the toilet severely. There's a public toilet right by the track, which was conveniently locked, so I pushed on for another 3kms before enough was enough and I risked soiling the white shorts I was wearing. So off I legged at 11kms when the risk became too much. The good thing was that I was moving gently at 6min kms... and it felt very comfortable... well it should really. And after the 13kms on Saturday, it was pleasing that I didn't feel like shite. Onwards and upwards, some more of the same for the rest of this week please!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

god forbid you soil those "white" shorts, eh Dan.