Friday, October 31, 2008

Sharp to sluggish

Urghhh, last night was the same route in reverse and Jesus was it tough. all week it's been sticky and humid and muggy over here. As a guide it's 36 degrees today and 80% humidity, not even any sun. I'm about to go for lunch and fear I'm going to walk straight into an oven when I go outside!

Anyway's I sweated like a Beaver last night and was only going slowly. The legs were totally drained and it was tough, but hey all in a day's work really.

There's some interesting comments going up now on the Cool Running forum over here in oz about the race next weekend, I thought this one was hilarious so thought I'd post it up:

i have run about 50 ultras.

4 of them being 100 mile and one being 246km.

The Great North Walk 100 is the only race that I have lost consciousness in when i suffer heat stroke between check point 2 and 3.

It is the only race where my shoe has been full of blood from leeches.

it is the only race where I found laying on the middle of the road a relief.

it is the only race where I felt like I was lost 50% of the time.

When people like David Waugh, Rachel Waugh, Ian Wright, Jonathan Worswick and Jan Herrmann DNF you know it is going to be tough!


Hmmm, also, here's the course profile just for a bit of fun too:



People are getting slightly worried now, it really is a bitch this one and the more I think about it, the more just to finish is going to be an achievement!

No comments: