Sunday, November 2, 2008

Getting ready

So yesterday was an easy 9 miler. I've actually decided to do more taper than planned. The idea was to make the last mile of the GNW 175km the 2,000th mile of my training. However I realised that doing nearly 35 miles the week before a 108 mile race is probably a little stupid. To that end, I only did 9 miler on Saturday, which was 4kms warm-up, 6kms fairly hard at 4:40km pace and then 4kms gentle coming home. Today I did nothing, despite having a 5 miler planned, but thought better of it. Instead I went for a lovely massage, and will probably head out tomorrow for a casual 4 miles easy to break in some new trainers, followed by one more very slow run Tuesday/Wednesday to keep the legs ticking over me thinks.

Most of this week will be spent getting ready, sorting out the maps and the food and generally pooing myself about spending the whole of the coming weekend running in the bush... awesome. Can't wait.

No comments: