Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The windy city

Well not quite the city, but Jesus was it blowing a gale last night as I went for a run. It all started off beautifully at around 1pm, when the missus and I headed down to The Royal National Park to Bundeena to have a nice little bush walk along the coast. It is truly beautiful along there and will be the scene of many of future run as well. However around 5-6kms in the heavens took a turn for the worse, so we turned around and headed back. However we still got caught in the storm and got very wet. However within 30 minutes, the skies cleared as we headed back to Balmain, and it was again a beautiful afternoon.

Well all that was until I decided to head out for a run, and must have timed it to perfection as I hit a really bad wind storm. Shit was blowing into my eyes, running into the wind nearly brought me to s standstill, so I called short the proposed 8 miles, and did a nice little 5 miler followed by some hill sprints at the end, all four of them.

This week will consist of a couple more 7km runs before Melbourne at the weekend. Really have to break 3hr 30mins... this will be etched onto my head!

No comments: