Thursday, October 16, 2008

It can't be this easy?

I don't know why, but I have had no real aches and pains from running the marathon at the weekend. Normally by about Sunday night I'm reduced to a cripple, but this time round I've been walking very freely without so much of a hint of pain. And this considering I busted a gut to do a PB as well!?!?!? I'm still waiting for a delayed onset or something, but its very bizarre. So much so that I went out last night for a nice gentle jog, and I was full of energy! I had to slow myself down as I didn't want to risk any injury. I have to be sensible though - I have a 75km night run to do tomorrow night and I can't wait!

So it seems as if my body is really getting used to the rigours of marathon running now, but we'll see what happens post the run this weekend. I'm sure I'll be a cripple come Sunday after a gentle 45 mile meander through the bush. This will be the last big training run before the bug 175km which I can't wait for - it will be an awesome, tiring, mental battle, but one I really want to complete. And the aim here really is to just complete it. Only a third of people who start actually finish, so it's a toughie. Preparation will be key for this, starting today for the run tomorrow night.

No comments: