Monday, April 28, 2008

Physio and some speed work

So with a day off work, I thought I'd take advantage and visit the physio and see what the beef was with my knee. I don't suspect anything serious to be honest, and I was proven fairly right. She said it had all the signs of mild ITB, and that some simple exercises and just being careful on the mileage should sort it out.

So after the session at the physio I headed up onto the treadmill for some interval work. It was a great session actually, 5 min warm-up and then 5 x 3 minute at 14.5kms/h (last one at 15kms/h), with 2 x 10.5kms/h in between. And it felt really good and I felt very very strong. The bonus as well was that I didn't feel an ounce of knee trouble either! So... so far so good, but am going to stay on the treadmill this week just as a precaution, but hopefully looking good.

However the dilemma I'm having at the moment is whether or not to enter a 100km race in the Blue Mountains. Looks like an awesome one to enter, but I think it might be a step too far at this stage. Sounds great, but I'm not convinced at the moment... decisions decisions!

1 comment:

Mike Blamires said...

I'm seeing a physio tomorrow, my knee is getting rapidly better after Saturdays monster mileage. Still there must be some sort of problem there!

Give me a shout when you fancy Everest, it's been a while since I have been out climbing :)