Saturday, April 5, 2008

Salute the MDS 2008'ers

So I have been gripped with the reports and the blog postings on www.themds.co.uk

Craig from Switzerland is a hilarious guy with a sense of humour unknown to man before, but its all good fun! My own training saw my last longish run of note ahead of Canberra next week. A mere 9.5 miles gently meandering around in the beautiful Sydney sunshine. A casual 1hr 20 mins, but the good news is no aches, no pains, no calf trouble, just nice and easy. All a good sign for next week, and I can't wait for the marathon to come along now.

So a big hands up to the 2008 runners, they're pretty much home and dry now, with the short 11 mile fun run left to do tomorrow. A note also for Keith Sullivan who was forced to retire. We all hope he's OK, and that he'll be back, stronger than ever, and maybe run another year to complete.

1 comment:

Craig B. said...

Crazy man, thanks for the mention, but I'm just a normal loon!!!!! Looks like I am set on running the MdS in 2009. Need a programme for this coming year now, so lots of work to do. Will be in touch, mate, and it's going to great meeting you next March.
Cheers,
Craig