Friday, April 4, 2008

Slow down...

So a very gentle 4 miler run home from work last night. In fact it was so slow, I was actually starting to get a little cold (tempurature is dropping over here in sunny Sydney - still 20 degrees though). Tried out my Asics racers last night, they're very lightweight, but just a little too narrow. I've worn them quite a few times when training, but I dont think they're going to be right for the marathon for me. It's not as if I'm a sub 3 hour man or anything, so think I will stick with the Kayano's for race day. Also, as they have very little in the way of support under the mid to front sole, my shins actually started to hurt again. Always happens when I go slower, must mean that I need to go quicker :)


So a 10 miler planned for Saturday, but might cut this down to 8.5, as I have a nice little route about that length, and am very conscious of over doing it. Again, I'll be going very slowly as I'm on the wind down. Then got 3 more gentle light runs planned before next Sunday, then it's the big one! Jesus that's come around quick!

No comments: