Friday, April 18, 2008

Back on it...

So after just 3 days of rest I thought I'd gently ease myself back into running. To be honest I couldn't wait to get back out there again, and was surprised at how good I was feeling just a few days after the marathon. I'm glad that I went to work the day after. I had no choice to be honest as I had a big client launch to do in Melbourne. But that certainly help ease up the joints.

So last night was a simple 5km jog back from work. However halfway in, my knees really started to hurt around the joints, just as they had after the marathon. So quite clearly I need a little more time to get over it. However I don't want to rest up too long as I think it's important to get back into the routine as soon as possible, but also need to strike a balance of not doing too much too soon again. Apparently to takes the average person a month to recover from a marathon... so I have a bit of time :) But will probably try and do another run before the week is out (did schedule two), but think it will be sensible to do just the one.

No comments: