Sunday, April 6, 2008

Skipper Dan

So today was a really simple run home from work (3 miles), plus I brisk walked 2 miles to my power boat training centre to do my power boat licence. Yep, I am officially a skipper now, and can drive any boat up to 24metres in length with any sized engine... awesome!

It's amazing how refreshed I feel now. Even after just 2 weeks of taper. Whilst I've been running 5 days a week still, the number of miles has been reduced dramatically (only 31 this week)... and I was literally bouncing home tonight I felt so good. So I just practised my marathon pace, which was about 8min 20sec miles, with some intervals thrown in for good measure.

Really looking forward to next week now, slightly nervous, but can't wait to just get out now and do the thing. 2008'ers finished today, some great reports and results out, and now can't wait to hear their stories... fun and games!

No comments: