Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I want to go for a long run

Somewhat bizarrely I thought I'd post before I go for my run tonight, well it's only a 25 min easy run. However I really don't know what to do with myself at the moment. This taper malarky is quite frustrating as I really want to go out for a long run, you know a nice 1hr 30mins type thing, but because of the marathon I have to be strict and limit myself to 3 very light training runs this week before Sunday. I know the reality is that on Sunday at mile 22 of the marathon I'll regret saying this as my body will be hurting like hell, but 25 mins, is that all?

Anyways... it seems as though my running is having an affect on those around me. A girl from work, Lyndsay, she's hilarious and a right old laugh is doing the Sydney half marathon with me. I've told her that I'll run it at her pace and get her round in under 2 hours. For me a doddle, but I'll challenge myself by wearing 8kgs in the backpack as part of it I think :) It will also be good as I can practice my endurance pace for the race, rather than using it as a bit of a sprint to see how quick I can do half a marathon in. Plus the Sydney half is only a month after the Canberra marathon so no need to sprint like a dickhead around the course. I've got another hald scheduled for July - The Hunter Valley half marathon which is set in the wine region, beautiful. So I can make a weekend of it and get sloshed whilst over there.

One final thing, I've signed up for the Bondi Beach 10km barefoot race. A 10km race over soft sand... perfect training me thinks! Anyway, off for my poxy little run in a minute. Adios

1 comment:

Rich said...

Good luck for Sunday matey!