Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Hard graft...

So a nice 7 miler tonight, but with 10 x 1 min fast strides incorporated into the run. A lot harder work than I initially thought to be honest, as when I generally run fast, I'm running at around 75-80%. Admittedly, it was made harder by the fact that I chose to do half of my one minute sprints uphill, including one hill which is a 1:10... so pretty hard graft, but good to do it. Actually fairly chilled about the marathon, which is next Sunday. I think I'm much more confident about the distance now, whereas about 2 months ago I was worried. However I guess that's all part of the training and the learning.

On another note, it's Stage 3 today for the 2008'ers... and all seem to be doing very well and I so wish I was out there with them. Still another year to go, and lots of highs and lows to experience. Can't wait!

No comments: