Monday, September 8, 2008

A steady week

So after being able to finally run without much in the way of discomfort, I also managed a nice easy 10.5 miler on Saturday whilst in the Hunter Valley for the weekend. Plenty of wine and cheese to be had! So all in, a 30 mile week, which at one point looked miles away so to speak. I had a few little twinges from teh run on Saturday, but I think I'm good.

The good thing is the 100km will be slow and not so near as intense as a marathon. This week will be busy spent planning for it. I'm going to kip in a tent for the two nights as well to try and replicate the MDS somewhat.

So I'll be flying up Friday afternoon to Brisbane, and then pitching a tent I'm borrowing from someone at the startline in the school where the race starts. I'll also be taking minimum kit with me, literally my Aarn rucksack with the bare essentials. I alos need to pick up a cheap sleeping bag, my compass and a few bits and bobs, and Bob's your uncle, Rita's your aunt! Rock on!

No comments: