Thursday, September 11, 2008

Focus for this weekend

So after the events of this week and finally deciding to go ahead with the event, it's back to the focus of the 100km on Saturday. In some respects, it hasn't really dawned on me that I'm going out there to do 100kms - and I kind of need to get my head around it and focus.

I also really need a plan of attack and stick to it. There's also been quite a bit of discussion on the Cool Runnings website here in Australia, and most people on there seem to think that a run/walk strategy is not right because of the terrain. Strange... oh well, I'll let them run the first 60kms and then walk the next 40kms :)

For me, I'm going to try and stick to a 20:2 for the first 50kms and see how I feel, if I'm feeling OK, then I'll carry on, then may go to a 5:1, but it's all about how I feel. I've also bought far too much food and need to ration a little on that front.

Hmmmm can't wait, very excited, but also apprehensive about this... I've never been beyond 42.195kms... this should be interesting!

1 comment:

Anth said...

Good luck djb! Just think - you'll be doing these sort of distances on a regular basis in March next year :)